2021.
My pocket was empty.
Car wash was slow.
Loan apps were disturbing me every day.
I sat down and said:
"Oluwamuyiwa, if you don’t do something this week, you’ll borrow again."
That week I made my first ₦10,000.
With ₦0 capital.
Not ₦5,000. Not ₦1,000. Zero.
If you’re waiting for "big capital" before you start business, this story is for you.
Here’s exactly how I did it with bucket, sponge, and mouth.
STEP 1: SELL YOUR SKILL, NOT PRODUCT
When you have ₦0, you cannot buy product to sell. But you have 2 things: Your skill and your time.
What I did:
I went to 3 neighbors in my area in Ibadan. I said: "Baba, let me wash your car for ₦1,500. Pay me after I finish."
First day result: 2 cars = ₦3,000
No soap? I used their own soap + water.
No machine? Bucket + sponge + my hand.
Lesson: When you have ₦0, sell service.
Can you cook? Sell food.
Can you write? Sell writing.
Can you teach? Sell lesson.
Time is your capital in 2026.
STEP 2: REINVEST 100% OF FIRST ₦5,000
This is where most people miss it.
From the ₦3,000 I made, I didn’t eat it. I didn’t flex. I added ₦2,000 I borrowed from my guy. Total ₦5,000.
What I bought:
1. 1 Jerry can of foam soap - ₦2,500
2. 2 Sponges - ₦500
3. ₦2,000 saved for transport to go to customers
Next week result: I washed 8 cars = ₦12,000
Minus ₦2,000 cost of soap and transport = ₦10,000 profit
Lesson: Your first profit is not for enjoyment. It’s for tools.
Reinvest. Buy what will help you make more money. If I had used that ₦3,000 to buy food and data, I would still be at ₦0 today.
STEP 3: ASK + DELIVER + ASK AGAIN
I didn’t have money for Facebook ads. I didn’t have money for flyers.
So I used ₦0 marketing.
How:
1. Deliver well - Wash the car like it’s my own car
2. Ask - "Baba, do you have friend that needs car wash? Tell him I’ll come to his house"
3. Deliver again - Then ask the new person too
Referrals brought 3 more customers. Free.
Lesson: In Nigeria, good work + asking is the best marketing. People trust referral more than ads. Let your work speak, then use your mouth to ask.
MY PERSONAL STORY
That first ₦10,000 didn’t change my life overnight. But it changed my mind.
It proved to me that "no capital" is not an excuse. If I can make ₦10k from bucket and sponge, I can make more.
Today 2026: That ₦10k has grown to car wash business, Investment4Business blog, and other small things.
But it all started with *bucket, sponge, and mouth to ask.
FINAL WORD
Egbon and Sister, hear me:
₦0 → Skill → ₦5k tools → ₦10k profit
That’s the formula.
Stop waiting for millions. Start with what you have. Start dirty. Start small.
Your phone is capital.
Your skill is capital.
Your leg to walk and ask is capital.
FAQ
Q: What if people say no?
A: Go to the next person. I asked 3 people, 2 said yes. That’s 66% yes. Don’t fear rejection.
Q: What if I don’t have any skill?
A: You have something. Can you wash? Can you run errand? Can you help old people? Start there and learn as you go.
Q: How long before I see ₦10k?
A: I did it in 1 week. You can do it in 2 weeks. Just be consistent.
Comment Below: What skill can you sell this week with ₦0? Writing? Cleaning? Cooking? Hair? Let’s brainstorm together in comments 👇 I’ll reply you with ideas.
I’m Oluwamuyiwa from Ibadan. From ₦0 to now. If I can do it, you can do it. Share this with someone who says "I don’t have capital" 🙏
Read Next:
3 Business Lessons That Saved Me From Closing: No Pity, 9-5 + 5-9, Buy Low Sell High
Mistake 4: No Side Hustle - Why one Salary Will Keep You Broke in Nigeria 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment