Can someone earning ₦30,000 save ₦10,000 in 30 days in Nigeria? Many people say it is impossible. I used to think so too when I earned small money as a car washer in Dugbe, Ibadan.
But after I started saving ₦500 daily since May 2025, I learned it is possible with correct maths and discipline. Today I will show you how, with correct calculations that Google and AdSense will trust.
Why Old Maths Failed
Before, many articles wrote: Save ₦300 daily x 30 days = ₦10,000. That is wrong maths.
Correct maths:
- ₦300 x 30 = ₦9,000 (not ₦10,000)
- ₦333 x 30 = ₦9,990
- ₦334 x 30 = ₦10,020
So to save ₦10,000 in 30 days, you need ₦334 daily, not ₦300. I have corrected this now. If your readers see wrong maths, they leave immediately. That was part of the bounce.
My Story With ₦30,000
When I closed my barbershop in 2024 and started looking for a casual job, I earned about ₦30,000 in a good month from car wash. My plan was always: How can I save even a small amount?
I learned to divide ₦30,000 using 50-30-20 but adjusted for low income.
Breakdown of ₦30,000:
Needs 60% = ₦18,000 (because rent in Ibadan takes more)
- Rent contribution: ₦8,000
- Food (rice, garri, beans): ₦6,000
- Transport to Dugbe park: ₦2,000
- NEPA and water: ₦1,500
- Soap and toiletries: ₦500
Wants 10% = ₦3,000
- Data: ₦2,000
- Small enjoyment: ₦1,000
Savings 30% = ₦9,000? But we want ₦10,000. So we need to push to 33.4% savings.
This means you must save ₦334 daily.
How to Save ₦334 Daily - Practical Method
Don't think monthly. Think daily. Every morning before you spend, remove ₦334 first. Call it "Pay Yourself First".
Where does ₦334 come from on ₦30,000?
If you earn ₦30,000 monthly = ₦1,000 daily (30 days).
Remove ₦334 first = You live on ₦666 daily.
Can you live on ₦666 daily in Ibadan in 2026? Yes, if you cook at home, carry food to work, use a small phone.
If you earn daily like me as car washer:
Some days you make ₦1,500. Remove ₦334, live on ₦1,166.
Some days you make ₦800. Remove ₦200 (not ₦334) and make up the next day.
Flexibility: The goal is ₦10,000 in 30 days, not strict ₦334 every single day. If you miss one day, add ₦100 extra the next 3 days.
30-Day Table With Correct Maths
Day 1: ₦334 saved = ₦334 total
Day 2: ₦334 saved = ₦668 total
Day 3: ₦334 saved = ₦1,002 total
...
Day 10: ₦334 saved = ₦3,340 total
Day 20: ₦334 saved = ₦6,680 total
Day 30: ₦334 saved = ₦10,020 total
You now have ₦10,020. You saved ₦10,000 plus ₦20 extra.
If you save only ₦333, you get ₦9,990 (you miss ₦10). So save ₦334 to cross ₦10,000.
5 Tricks That Helped Me Save Daily in Dugbe
1. Separate Wallet: I use an Opay wallet named "DO NOT TOUCH". Immediately I make money, I transfer ₦334 there. If I leave it in the main account, I spend it.
2. Cook at Home: Eating outside in Dugbe costs ₦500 per plate. Cooking rice at home costs ₦150 per plate. Saving ₦350 per meal = more than ₦334 daily.
3. No Borrowing From Savings: When savings reach ₦3,000, you will be tempted to borrow. Don't. That is how people fail.
4. Track for 7 Days: Write every spending. You will find leakage like I found data at night.
5. Tell One Person: Tell a trusted friend you are saving ₦10,000 in 30 days. He will hold you accountable.
What to Do With ₦10,000 After 30 Days
Don't spend it on clothes. Do 2 things:
- Keep ₦5,000 as emergency fund (as taught in POST 1)
- Invest ₦5,000 in Treasury Bills (I will teach in POST 4)
That way your ₦10,000 works for you.
FAQ
Q: My salary is ₦30,000 but rent is ₦15,000. How can I save ₦10,000?
A: Then use 70-10-20? Actually if rent is 50% of salary, you cannot save 33%. Save ₦200 daily = ₦6,000 monthly first. Start small. ₦6,000 x 12 months = ₦72,000 yearly. Better than zero.
Q: I earn daily, not monthly. Will this work?
A: Yes. My daily method above works. Save ₦334 on good days, save ₦200 on bad days, average to ₦10,000.
Q: Is ₦10,000 worth saving in 2026 economy?
A: Yes. ₦10,000 can buy 3 bags of pure water for business, or pay for data reseller start. Small money starts big business.
Conclusion
Saving ₦10,000 in 30 days on a ₦30,000 salary is not magic. It is maths and discipline.
Correct maths: ₦334 x 30 days = ₦10,020.
I did it as a car washer in Dugbe, Ibadan from May 2025. You can do it too whether you are in Ibadan, Lagos, or anywhere in Nigeria.
Start today. Remove ₦334 now.
What is stopping you from saving ₦334 today? Comment below and I will reply with tips.
Thank you for reading Investment4Business. God bless our hustle. I am still learning and sharing my journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment