Tuesday

3 Business Lessons I Learned From My Hustle In Business Since May, 2025.



Many people told me car washing is a dirty job. But from May 2025 to today, I never go hungry because this car wash is what feeds me, buys my data for the Investment4Business blog, and gives me small money to invest for future emergencies.


Therefore I want to share 3 business lessons I learned from my casual hustle in business. If you are in Ibadan, Lagos, or anywhere in Nigeria and you want to start a small business in 2026, this is for you. This is not a theory from a book. This is from Dugbe sun and water.

Lesson 1: Location is Everything

Location is everything because it is more than a good area. People don't search for “best product or service in Ibadan”. They just search “near me”.


By this, I mean they look around the place where they can buy. That is what location is important. They will approach people and ask them where the car wash is and then they will direct them to the spot.


Now, when I started in Dugbe, Ibadan in May 2025, I thought any busy road is good. I was wrong because I understood it.


So, if you want to start a POS or any business in 2026, you must check Google Maps first. You must locate where people can find you in the near place from their business/trade/employment. 


For example, as I walk on the road in Dugbe, Ibadan, I suddenly see many vehicles are at park since morning and I know they may need car wash service if I show my location where they can find me in the near place from their workplace. 


The location is not just "Dugbe is good". Location is "Can customers find you in 5 minutes walk when they search on the phone?" That is the new business in 2026. 

Lesson 2: Daily Small Money is Better Than Big Monthly Dream - My ₦8,500 Day

Before the car wash, I was waiting for a big business contract. I had business ideas that would give me ₦100,000 once a month. I waited 4 months, nothing came. I had no money for data.


Car wash taught me a different lesson. In car wash, money comes daily, but it is small.


Some days I make ₦1,500 from 2 cars. Some days like September 29, I make ₦8,500 from 8 cars. Average is ₦2,000 to ₦4,000 daily if there is no rain.


At first I despised ₦1,500. I thought "What can ₦1,500 do?" But I calculated: ₦1,500 x 26 days = ₦39,000 monthly. ₦3,000 x 26 days = ₦78,000. That is more than many salary jobs in Ibadan. And money enters your hand every evening, not at the end of the month.


This daily cash changed my mindset:


- It buys my MTN data every week for blogging on Investment4Business.

- It buys my food daily, no need to borrow.

- It gives me capital to invest small for emergencies, I will explain in lesson 3.

- It makes customers trust me. When you collect money daily, you learn the customer 's name, you know who drives the Toyota Camry, who drives Keke.


Many Nigerians in 2026 are waiting for big POS business capital, big shop capital, big loan from LAPO. My advice from Dugbe: Start a business that gives you ₦1,000 daily. Wash cars, sell pure water, iron clothes, charge phones. That daily ₦1,000 will teach you business more than ₦500k business plan.


Don't wait for a big dream. Daily small money keeps you alive to dream bigger tomorrow.

Lesson 3: Until You Work Hard, You Cannot Escape Hard Life - And Save For Emergency

This is the lesson that made my Hustle Mindset image most viewed on Facebook. I wrote: "Until you work hard, you cannot escape hard life". People in Ibadan shared it because it is true.


Car wash is hard work. Under the Ibadan sun, you bend down, you wash tyres, you wash engines, water enters your shoe, soap enters your eye. Sometimes customers shouts "You didn't wash well!" You have to wash again. Your back hurts at night.


But hard work is my advert. Because I wash well under hot sun, customers say "That guy in Dugbe works hard, go to him". They now know me as "Oluwamuyiwa car wash". Hard work brings trust. Trust brings more cars. More cars bring more money.


And from that hard work money, I learned the most important investment lesson: Invest a portion for future emergencies, not for POS.


I do NOT do POS business. I know many people in Dugbe do POS. I decided: I will do car wash only, and from every money I make, I will invest a small portion for future emergencies.


How I do it: If I make ₦8,500 a day, I divide: ₦6,000 for food, data, soap, and transport. ₦1,500 I keep in Kolo or PalmPay Target Savings as an emergency fund. ₦1,000 I keep for future business expansion, maybe a small shop later.


If I make ₦1,500 a day, I still save ₦200 for emergencies. No matter how small, I save something.


From May 2025 to October 2026, that emergency savings has helped me 3 times: when my bucket spoiled, when I was sick for 2 days and could not wash cars, when I needed data to publish a blog post that now ranks for "POS near me Dugbe" and "Business Near Me Dugbe".


That emergency fund is my POS. My emergency fund is my insurance. I don't have a POS machine, but I have peace of mind.


Many business owners in Ibadan make money but spend it all. When the tire of their machine spoils, they borrow. My lesson: From car wash or any small hustle, invest a portion for an emergency first before thinking of a second business.

How I Invest For Emergency - Practical for You:

1. Use PalmPay, Opay, or Moniepoint Target Savings. Create an "Emergency" folder.

2. Any day you make money, even ₦500, send 10-15% there immediately before you spend.

3. Don't touch it unless there is a real emergency - sickness, tools spoiling, rent.

4. After 6 months, you will have ₦30k to ₦50k emergency money. That is better than starting POS with a loan.

Conclusion - Start Now in Your Area

From May 2025 to today, car wash in Dugbe taught me:


1. Be near people - make Google "near me" find you.

2. Respect daily small money - ₦2,000 daily is better than ₦100k dream.

3. Work hard and save for emergencies - hard work is an advert, saving is security.


I don't do POS business. I do car wash service and I invest a portion for future emergencies. That is my model for Investment4Business. You can use it for your own hustle in Ibadan, whether you sell zobo, wash cars, or do hairdressing.


Start today. Don't wait for tomorrow. Add your business to Google Map today, wash one car today, save ₦200 today. I hope you find this article helpful? Comment under this post. 


Read Next:


7 Small Businesses You Can Start With ₦20,000 in Ibadan and Lagos in 2026



No comments:

Post a Comment